Let me sum up the phrase that most directly symbolizes my daily life. Funny thing about it is that it can be summed up with one simple comic strip.
I cannot tell you how many times I have actually answered this question. Amusingly, people will come up to me and say..."May I ask you a question?"...and without hesitation I will answer them "6-11". The first few seconds are classic as they look dumbfounded that I answered their question before they even asked it!! Then they walk away, mouth wide open.
- Some must think that tall people are born without a brain. Since I am on 2-5 airplanes a week, a common phrase is shouted my way as I get on and off the plane..."WATCH YOUR HEAD!!!" Duh, like I actually enjoy the PAIN of hitting my head! The same is true about walking out of buildings. At times I feel like the invisible "WATCH YOUR HEAD" Fairy is following me Shouting..."WATCH YOUR HEAD!"
- When I order fast food, my meal automatically gets Super Sized because I am tall.
- I get asked..."How Tall Are You?"...while standing at the urinal!! (Yes, believe it...it happens quite frequently)
- "Little People" can apply for disabilities so why not Tall People? The world is not made for us either!
- Tall people have loads of $money$. That is why we are charged $50 more for clothing that is only an inch to 2 inches longer.
- I have been compared to every ones tall son, daughter, grandpa, grandma, brother, sister, cousin, friend, acquaintance, aunt, uncle, dad, mom..........
- I am asked randomly to TOUCH THE CEILING!
- I am asked about my shoe size, pant length, shirt size, waist size, hand size, bed size, car size, house size, sock size, etc., like I live in Never Never Land.
- People swear at me for being tall! Examples (Holy _____ you are tall!) (How _____ tall are you?) (_____ you're tall!)
- People come up to me and say...."You must hate being tall!" Mostly by short people.
- Everyone is short to me!
- I don't need to be reminded that I am tall. Yes, I actually woke up this morning remembering that I am 6-11. But in case I forget, everyone is there to remind me that "You're Tall!!!!!!!"
- People will actually walk up to our table in a restaurant and interrupt our eating to ask..."How tall are you?" In which Ko Ko will answer...."My dad is 6-11!!!! DUH!!!"
- People get offended when I ask them..."How Short are you?"...before I answer their question.
- Most people can't figure out how tall 5 foot 23 inches is off the top of their head!
- I have had people follow me for 45 minutes to get up the nerve to ask me the Beloved question along with people taking pictures of me in Wal-Mart! Watch out if Angela is with me!!!!!
- My picture is on a Gas Station wall in Chicago. I am currently known as the tallest person to enter this particular gas station.
- I will be followed in a Grocery store and asked if I could get something off of the top shelf!
- My sister is 7 foot 2 inches tall!!!! Ha Ha...you should see the look on people's faces when I tell them that!!!!!
As you can see...I could go on about this forever.