Sunday, September 13, 2009

Random Fun Times! AND my testimony!. . .

Will she fit??
She sure does!
Koko discovered a new talent! Lou learned she had it too!

The girls and I had so much fun this night! We sat around the table for about an hour making funny faces! I am learning. Learning that it is okay to have fun and do stuff outta order! We had just finished eating and should have been brushing out teeth and putting jamies on. I look back and see all of the fun times I have MISSED because of my schedule!! Those times I will never get back! So now all I can do is make sure I don't miss the times ahead! Maybe I will discover more weird, kinda freaky, talents my beautiful daughters have!

I feel a strong nudge to bear my testimony. . . I know that we all have a loving Father in Heaven who loves each one of us. He knows us, He know we are all different. He knows we make mistakes and He still loves us. His Son, Jesus Christ attoned for my sins. I can be forgiven because of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith saw that same Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! Joseph Smith is a Prophet. We have a living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson! Heavenly Father knows it is sometimes hard to make good choices and live in accordance with His Son, Jesus Christ. He has given us living prophets to help us in our days and in our time!!! President Monson is not some random guy. He doesn't live his life serving others just because. He was chosen by our Heavenly Father! He is here to help us! We need to and should listen to what he has to say. What he says is directly from our Heavenly Father! I know that Heavenly Father has given Michael and I three beautiful daughters to rear in this life. He did not send them to us so that we could "rule over" or be in charge of, but to help them learn. I love Michael so much and I am so thankful we can work together to live together for all eternity. I love my daughters. I am thankful for each one of them. I also know that we need to help each other on our road back to our Heavenly Family! We need to find the good in all. I say these things in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Well, those of you who don't know a lot about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints just ask!!

I had a great opportunity, over a bad hair cut, to share with some other good people about my church. I am not sure what religion the guy was but he was amazed at how much we had in common!! He and the hair stylists had no idea there were Mormons around here! Once they got over the fact that I was an actual Mormon and was married to one man and that man was only married to me, we had a great time talking!

Oh and this reminds me of something funny! Our ward recently had a Primary activity (for kids). The kids were answering questions from "investigators". One of them asked how many members were in our church. Koko piped up and said that there are so many we had to get rid of some of them ! We had just had a ward split! Poor girl was soooooo embarrassed! She knew what she was trying to say, it just didn't come out exactly how others could understand! Funny, I have the same problem!!

I love my family!!!!!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

we did have a little giggle over Kenna's answer...we all knew what she meant, I think someone asked which people we got rid of and another kid said "teenagers"...oh to be a kid!

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the reminder to just relax & enjoy your kids! I needed that. I think I need a reminder everyday! Your an awesome girl- love ya!!

I have a good life said...

Thanks for that testimony. It is always good to hear and hear again. Thank-you.

Oh, I love your family, too! :)

Natalie said...

Thanks for a wonderful testimony. I had fun today catching up a bit on your blog. Your girls are beautiful and so are you.
Love n' hugs.

Blog Archive