Monday, August 24, 2009

Logan County Fair

If you have ever lived in a small town you might actually feel the excitement of these pictures! I have great memories of the Logan County Fair/parade and this time of year! When I was in middle school and in high school, my Grandma Sally and grandad use to take my brother and I to Fort Collins to shop for school clothes! This time of year meant that gymnastics was starting, well I guess it never really did stop, but the high school season started up! Practice, school, work repeat a million times!! I thought I was busy and had it so bad back then! I think gymnastics practice could be compared to getting three children, GIRLS, up, fed, lunches packed, groomed, pictures taken and to school which took 15 minuets today just to get there then another 3 to walk to the front doors! Yes it was a mess and the road is still under construction! Get Lou to her class then drag Bay upstairs to Koko's class. Then I had to make my way back downstairs through the people traffic and back home! Then go back to the school later in the afternoon and do it all over again, in reverse order!

Anyway back to the fair. . .


My dad owns a tractor repair and dealer shop, AGteck. My mom has really wanted him to put some tractors in the parade for many years now, great advertising! All it took was having his three girls be on a tractor in the parade!! They weren't actually on a tractor but on a hummmmm big powerful golf cart/4wheeler! They had a blast!







Here is a little explanation of this pretty picture! They have this ride called The Ring of Fire. I almost can't even say it let alone type it! Basically it is a gigantic ring that you go around and around in then back wards around and around. We walk up to The Ring of Fire and Lou says she wants to go on it. Koko was a little more apprehensive. It usually is the other way around. So I jumped all over the chance to get Lou on that ring!! It was pretty fun and she loved it. I get out and get my bearings and Koko really wants to go. See, we went in the afternoon and there was no line. That meant she wanted to go NOW. I asked her if I could have a minute (I actually could have used 20). She was sooooo upset and just had to go right then. Off we went on the ring. She also loved it. By the time I got off that stupid ring I was sooo sick/dizzy/woozy.
We needed to go home for a little while and told the girls one more ride. They wanted to go on the tilt a whirl. Bay couldn't ride without an adult, so guess who had to go??? ME. I think the picture totally explains enough. By the way it took a good hour and a half to feel "normal" again. Oh and the Ring of Fire was the only ride Bay really wanted to go on. She screamed when we told her she couldn't do it! We even walked her up to the line an the nice carney told her she wasn't tall enough! I know she would have loved it!! If only she were a little taller. She LOVED the other rides!

No comments:

Blog Archive